Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mother Unload

I need to keep a better record of my children's lives. I have two cute kids and it would be a shame to forget all the little things they do that make me smile/cry/laugh.

 Today Penny said Campbell's name for the first time. I've been waiting and hoping her sweet little voice would utter her big sister's name. Hopefully it improves their relationship. Penny is a cutie. She asks a lot of specific questions. I am happy and slightly bothered at the same time. Oh well. She knows that the thing on the wall is a light switch so the basics are being covered. My favorite word she says right now is Cinderella or Cinde-yeh-ya.

Penny loves to put on her packpack(backpack) and follow Campbell out to the bus. She loves jumping on the trampoline and riding her trike. She is very attached to me but when she is outdoors I quickly become non-existent. She still requires help getting down from the barstools and off of her trike. She loves watching Elmo and Mickey Mouse.

 Campbell is always full of surprises. She talks about a dog named doggy bowmuch. Apparently he is on her Christmas list. I have googled the heck out of him and he does not exist. Campbell makes up a lot of words and I am starting to wonder if doggy bowmuch is one of them. She is really good at coming up with made up names on the spot. She received a pumpkin for her birthday and quickly named it Veggie. She picked a pumpkin from the patch and quickly named it Larrio. Here is a list of some other names she has given her dogs and other plush items- Orgeo, Zally, Coke, Gilda.

 In preschool her teacher says Mother instead of Mom so now Campbell calls me Mother. When she calls me Mother I feel like I am in trouble. It's so formal and hard to get used to. I'm not going to correct her. Tonight she asked me if Nate was her Father. Perhaps she will start calling him Father instead of Dad. Here are some other funny things she has said lately-

 "Mom, I only want you to have one kid, like Carly"(she's not fond of Penny)
"Total annihilation" (Something she picked up from a movie)
 "I'm going to make my pumpkin much creepier for Halloween"
 "Winnie is adorable"

 Campbell takes a lot of things I say literally. Here are a couple of examples that have really cracked me up.
Me: Oh for crying out loud
Campbell: I'm not crying out loud

Grandma Jan: I'm tired. I'm going to hit the hay.
Campbell: Can I watch? (the visual is pretty awesome)

 Hopefully, I can do my children a solid and keep a better record of their existence. I sure love my girls and am so grateful I am a Mother.