I just saw a commercial for Alzheimer's and it reminded me that I should write something else on this blog. I should be at Campbell's school volunteering but they didn't have anything for me to do. Her school is really great. I think. I like her teacher, I know that. The kids are really cute. Around here I get told that my name is a boys name. Two of Campbell's classmates have mentioned it to me. They are not completely wrong. Robin is a unisex name but I know more girls than boys named that. There is a darling down syndrome girl in Campbell's class. On a day I volunteered in the classroom she spent the majority of the time under the table on her back with her feet in the air. It was hard not to laugh.
The car drop-off in the morning is pretty interesting. I walk Campbell to the front gates because I am a little intimidated by it. Parents are not afraid to honk at each other angrily. The last thing I need in the wee hours of the morning is to get honked at. Parents are so funny. It's good people watching. One morning I even witnessed a fender bender. I think the culprit was a helpful grandmother type. Recently I witnessed a dad wearing 101 dalmatian pajamas. They lookded like the old navy summer jammies. I smiled all the way home just thinking about it. I've also concluded that there is not a strict dress code at the school. I think the kids can't wear a strapless shirt or sheer clothing. They do require a closed toe shoe. Even teachers will wear tank tops. I can't blame them. The heat in Florida is not kind.
Campbell hum-and-runs sometimes when I am walking with her into school. Mostly silently. I don't think I have ever written about her hum-and-run. Nate and I have figured out that she is using her imagination. She's daydreaming. About a month ago she told me she didn't want to watch dumbo because she was tired and dumbo made her hum-and-run too much. If it makes her happy then get to it little C-bell.
Penny is such a darling little girl. Still anxious as ever. She spends a lot of time on her own talking to herself. I'm not sure if I should be worried about that. I have two very special daughters. I would not trade them for the world. They are the greatest most precious children. Nate and I get to be on this ride with them. It is the most entertaining ride.
Who knows where we will be next year. Party on Wayne!